Hi there - new to this board, but am really glad I found it.

I manage a Mitel 3300 for a business in Boston. I recently inquired from our Mitel reseller about purchasing "IP phone" licenses and I'm wondering if I'm getting the correct info from him.

When I called and asked about purchasing an IP phone license for an SIP phone, I was asked why I needed one. I told them I was considering testing a Wifi SIP phone with the system. The Sales-person told me that "IP phone licenses are for the Mitel-proprietary phones only - you can't expect an avaya or nortel or any other vendor's ip phone to work with a Mitel system".

I then asked if there was an SIP phone license and he came back with something that was higher priced and I believe he was describing the "SIP trunk" license. He still told me that I would need a Mitel SIP phone...

My questions for you folks are:
1- Anyone know which exact license I should be asking for if I want to connect an SIP phone to the system? (1 IP device and 1 SIP user?)
2- Wouldn't any SIP-compliant phone work with the 3300 as long as I chose "Generic SIP phone" when creating the IP extension in "Multiline IP Set Config"

Thanks for any help smile