Thanks to you guys for backing me up :-)

Hello6, here's a real world example. Our PhoneSuites have no security from the end user and I have a system as far as 220 miles away. Pretend I'm in Fort Wayne and you try to make a change in your sytsem and, somehow, it stops working. What are you going to do? Fix it yourself, or will you call me and tell me "it just stopped working". Yeah, what were you doing *before* it quit?

If I refuse to come out, you're going to bad mouth PhoneSuite and me, so I have to fix your mess-up and bill you for it, and now you either cost yourself port-to-port round trip service, and you're mad. Or, I don't give you anything and talk you through a change over the phone where I know you can only do what I tell you.

As soon as you're ready to accept liability for the entire system, you get the manuals and you may do whatever you want, because if I come on site, I'm going to program the system according to the printout I have made after programming and I'm still billing you for the entire service call.

Works for me.

Which reminds me, I think my parallel printer is still on the customer site in Indiana, or stowed away in the corner of the warehouse.

Carl