Update: Problem resolved. Thanks for all of your help and suggestions!

I finally gave in and called a friend that is a top notch network guru and he had things up and running for me in short order. I hated to call him because he quoted a price to sell this customer a computer and the customer went with Dell because it was a few bucks less. But this guy is a class act and did not hesitate to help me even though he missed making a few bucks on the sale. I'm gonna take him to lunch as a small token of appreciation. :thumb:

Printer number One was parallel printer connected directly to the server.
To install it all I had to do was go to the "Network" and click on the server until I saw the printer. Then double click on it until the printer status box opened. After a few seconds when it said " 0 Document(s) in queue". That's it! It was installed then.

Printer number Two was a stand alone network printer with it's own IP address.
To install this one I had to open the printer wizard and install a "Local" printer. The first thing was to open a TCP/IP port for the printer. Then I clicked on "Have Disk" for the driver. From that point forward it was identical to Windows XP.
In this case I did have to download the Vista driver from the manufacturer's web page but that was easy.