Since the kids moved out and I've left the old Wn'98 laptop at work, my home network consists of my new Macbook, a beat up old PC and two printers (an HP Laserjet 5 and an HP Photo Printer/Scanner/Fax Machine).

Both computers can access either printer and I can send files from the PC to the Mac. I cannot however access the PC from the Mac.

Now, it's not that important, but it is annoying me. I mostly use the Mac for everything these days. The only thing I use the PC for is those programs that I don't have equivalents for on the Mac (Visio, dBase, Wordperfect, DeScribe etc.)

I run ipconfig on the PC and it tells me the IP address is 192.168.1.3 (the mac is .2). I cannot access the PC or even Ping it. No idea why. (I can ping the PC form itself at 127.0.0.1)

What is most annoying is that it used to work. When I first brought the Mac home, I turned it on and it immediately saw the PC. A few weeks later the PC crashed big time. I was able to get it back working with a lot of great help from Tim (Dagwood Systems) but since then I can no longer access it.

I'm not sure if it's a port being blocked or the wrong IP address showing or something else entirely.

Any help would be appreciated. But it's not real critical. When I have to move files in that direction I just use a thumb drive. It's annoying but not common enough to make it an issue.

TIA

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"