Dexman, AMI will pass through B8ZS optioned equipment, B8ZS will not pass through an AMI optioned circuit. That doesn't mean you can put AMI into a switch optioned B8ZS. It will pass through the circuit fine until it reaches the equipment at each end. His question was the lec was seeing B8ZS from his AMI optioned equipment, which if his equipment were optioned AMI they would not. They may get an intermittent B8ZS light if the zero's density is exceeded, but that is not the same as receiving B8ZS. Running all zeros to a loop back wouldn't prove anything if the lec is saying they are seeing this from his equipment. In my experience the lec was always passive, they would just pass whatever was given, the problem came when they would test, as they would test the circuit as ordered. Once you got it through their heads that they didn't care what went through them as they had nothing on the circuit to do the AMI/B8ZS optioning then you could get down to what the real trouble was. That's why I asked, what is the trouble? Because I'm seeing B8ZS is not a trouble. Now this is all from my experience when this went from an AT&T piece of equipment through to an end user. I'm not talking a lec switch to an end user. Sorry this is so long. Bottom line is we still don't know what the trouble is he was/is having.

Retired phone dude