I’m trying to identify a problem between 2 locations that are connected by three T1 lines. The problem that we are experiencing is a drastic slowdown in one direction and a fast speed in the other direction. Pings in either direction appear to be normal and it averages around 35ms & 45ms. We tested copying an 11MB file in one direction which averages about a minute in one direction and about 8 minutes in the other direction. We tried to copy a 100MB file over night and it will stall and will not finish.

Now, having said all of this, I’m a Server Administrator and all of the network devices are supported by another group out of state. We tried to explain the problem to them and I don’t think they have a clue where to start. I wanted to throw this issue out to the experts on this forum and see if anyone has experienced this problem and can give me some suggestions on where I can have the network group start to troubleshoot this issue. I’m basically new at this location and from what I understand, this problem has been like this since it was installed about 2 or 3 years ago.

Any help would be appreciated!!

REP61