Aw c'mon, Sam..y'aint old and y'aint cranky. smile You'd be suprised though..We just started implementing carrier-ethernet/ethernet-over-copper about six months ago using "Actelis ML1300" systems. The funny part, is that I also never heard of this referred to as "EFM", until I just read the updated online brochures.

Xcountry, this has worked really well here, but we only use it to support critical hi-speed services to locations where no fiber is available.

In a nutshell, if you look at the link, each of the cards supports 2 amphenol connections for 25-pair cables laid down to a block, allowing cross-connect to copper pairs to a portable corresponding hub at the far end, that provides hi-speed data connections for subscribers. The bottom card provides a fiber interface to the network. The brochure explains it better. I'm sure that there are different solutions out there, but that's about how we use it here.

I also strongly agree with sph, that this can get quite expensive, so I'd advise to definately shop around for the best value.