I think this thread has wound to its end so I think I'll add a few final points for others to see, especially the young that haven't seen this type of interaction before.

The original poster of this thread and his wife started a retail store in Florida in 1999. Since then they have opened up 2 other locations specializing in the sales of very high end tile for new home construction and remodeling.

All 3 locations have a seperate phone number with rollovers so the caller can contact the business in an effort to do business. In other words that caller on the outside is making the initial steps to deliver money to this business owner. This business owner decided to purchase a phone system on ebay to install in the business. Once he got the phone system he realized that unless you program it correctly all incoming calls will go to the automated attendant. This rather difficult situation inspired this fine man to get on the internet and request something that the ebay seller could not provide him, the installer manual. As you can see above we discussed numerous issues but in the long run since the tile professional can't program his telephone system because it requires someone that has valuable training and he is not willing to participate in the American economic system he will using the services of someone beneath the level of a professional.

Tile Man, I hope you are not offended but I told you in the beginning what was available and what wasn't.

John