Hi, I'm new to this so forgive my misnaming of parts etc. I am currently working with a basic 2500 phone with message waiting light I bought on online. It worked fine, but I am building a new case for it, so part of my project was to disconnect the various components from the main board to build the case.

I was trying to be as careful as possible mapping out the various wire connections to the main board from the various components....but halfway through I found a loose connection that was not taped off previously. It is attached at one end to the Connect/Disconnect mechanism. My guess is that it is a lead to the keypad as there was one there already. This wire is shorter than the others and is grey with no other colours (if that means anything)

If someone here has a wiring diagram for the main board of this model phone so that I can confirm the location of this errant lead that would be very helpful. I've mapped out all the other plug connections from the line in handset and keypad to the main board, just this last lead from the connect disconnect mechanism is left dangling and without a home. Please help!