Thank you for all the replies!

I thought of using my probe while dialing in (I even heard of running your fingers down the posts to get the shock) but I was thinking that, in a room with about 30-40 66 blocks, that'd be a laborous task. I may wind up getting a line from another office that's getting a call in. Not to mention, and correct me if I'm wrong, the ringing voltage lasts 2 seconds on, 4 off. Every post would then have to be monitored for 5 sec, just to make sure?? I'm far from an expert with telco issues.

I had no idea getting the numbers for this was so "top secret". wink The last time I spoke with an SBC tech, he gladly gave me an ANAC number with the passcode. This was before I found out about the MCI number. I figured since he was so liberal with giving me that #, that it was no big deal for this one. I can definitely see where it could be misused, though.

Binding post numbers. I'm pretty sure I know what you mean, but would the telco give the demarc (66 block) number (if they even have them)? If I just knew which demarc (out of say 30-40 different ones) the line was on, it would be pretty clear sailing from there.