Thanks to test-ok for starting this new category. Because we do low voltage, I know some of us tend to bleed over into the security and CCTV business as well.

A little about me.....I am an electronic technician by trade. I started as a bench technician for a company that did sales and installations. Because they were short handed, I started to get out more from the work bench (in the basement) and did more install work. We did low voltage work, mainly pro audio systems and communications. I loved being out on the road so the next company I worked for was a electronic security company. Their main line was DSC (made in Canada, just like Nortel, so everyone here uses them!) The company was in business for years, so I got quite a bit of experience in the older stuff as well, Contronic, Scantronic, Sureguard, Ademco, Napco, Europlex to name a few. We did any and all low voltage so I went and got Nortel, fiber optics, and satellite training as well. The company was bought out and that was my cue to go. I started my own company and the main part of it now is security, CCTV, access control, phone, and network wiring.

I have learned a great deal from this forum, many have helped me (not to mention $aved me), and I hope that I can return the favors. Hope to chat soon.