Arthur, I only have half of the step equation. I have four line finders, four sets of line relays and a set of group relays and a distributer and some support equipment. I still need selectors to be able to actually dial anything. It's somewhere in between kit form and ready to go.

I guess I got interested in the older telephone stuff because it's what my grandfather used to do. He was an installer for Western Electric for 40 odd years where he worked primarily with the mechanical switching equipment.

I'm going to visit my grandmother this weekend and see if my grandfather kept any electrical drawings for the SxS equipment and hopefully pick up an electric wire wrapping gun. Eventually I want to get this whole contraption (SxS with 1A2 behind it) connected to CNET.

Ed: I've kept all the slack from the cables on top of a heating duct that runs through my telephone room. Although they were free, I put too much effort into getting them out of the ceiling at work to not be able to reuse them!