I'm having very severe issues with sending email from the Allworx 6x. Our Allworx provider has been very slow in resolving these issues so I'm taking it upon myself to try and figure it out. Here is what I've done so far:

- Message alias is setup correctly.
- I tried the default configuration for the SMTP settings and I also configured the SMTP settings with Google's SMART SMTP servers, both don't work.
- Scanned our network for any local SMTP daemons that might be messing with things, there is nothing.
- Disabled any firewall restrictions that would prevent sending of email.
- Applied content filter to explicitly allow all traffic coming from the PBX.
- Put the PBX into our DMZ, this should definitely resolve any issues with our firewall as they claim it is.

Still, I can't get anything to send. I can send email from any other machine on the network using either Google's SMTP or the one provided by our ISP, no issues. I checked the Email Queue under "Home > Servers > Email Server > Manage the Email Queue". This is where the messages pile up. Here it is saying that the return path is "[email protected]" and the recipient is "[email protected]". My actual email address is "[email protected]" which is what is setup under the message alias. If I set a SMS notification for my user it will show up under the queue with the recipient as the email address I entered, "[email protected]". Still nothing sends though.

The domain "allworx.cea" is setup on our local DNS server (bind9) to point to the IP of the PBX. So if I straight up ping allworx.cea from any machine on our network it resolves correctly. For the DNS settings under "Home > Network > Configuration > Modify" I setup the host name as "allworx" and the domain name as allworx.cea. I also checked "Allworx DNS Server hosts the DNS Zone" under "Home > Servers > DNS Server > Modify" under the section "Host Table > DNS Zone: allworx.cea". I'm pretty sure the DNS should be fine. I can set the machine's domain up as a globally valid TLD if needed, though this really shouldn't be the case. Our private DNS shouldn't cause issues with simply sending an email, should it?

The message alias that I setup has the system user, a Yahoo account, and a Google Apps account listed as the members. So at least I know it isn't just Google Apps blocking stuff.

I've combed over this system a billion times. I'm not much of a telephony guy and am really frustrated in how difficult this thing is. Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks!