Today I called our tech support (we are Allworx dealers --about 7 yrs. We noticed that two of our 9212 extensions were staying lit, both on the other phone BLF keys and in Call Assistant. Not a big problem---the system and phones acted fine in all other aspects of operation. Deleting and resetting the phones seemed to help, but only for a week or so---then it would go back to the way it was. Again---no big deal---but a bit irritating.

In about a 2 minute call to tech support, I found out that our software version (7.4.3.5) was old. I had thought that it was the latest. Tech support recommended we upgrade to Version 7.4.8. I did. In about 10 minutes, the problem was solved. No fuss, no bother. In the upgrade program, it also upgraded the software in all of the phones.

Here's the point. Be careful if you buy these systems from a non-certified Allworx dealer---or from someone who is just selling a used Allworx. Upgrading the software is part of a maintenance process that is an integral part of all IP systems. Many, many hours of troubleshooting and many hours of frustration can be eliminated by someone who knows the system and can upgrade the Allworx systems to the latest software. Penny saved---pound foolish. A word to the wise.