@RCaman

Last night I completely reconfigured the network. My predecessor and the tech team from ESI set up the switches with the VLAN 3 (Voice VLAN), but did not include any ip addresses in which to route to. I subnetted a 10.3.0.0/20 and then assigned the first address of each subnet to my edge switches. I then added the static routes and now things seem to be much better. Now only a few phones are having trouble connecting. The intercom systems at each of our schools have an ESI 50 set up as an digital to analog converter running over esi-link. I changed the ip of each ESI 50 to an ip for the subnet designated and that worked as well!!

The only problem I have now is with faxes. Many of our faxes are actually routed through the ESI 1000 system we have. I'm told the Linksys voice gateways we are using will not work over a routed network. However, I noticed that I can ping the ip address of a voice gateway from the switch that the ESI 1000 is uplinked to. I think it has something to do with "sip registration". The system says I have 52 SIP STATION licenses, but I'm not sure how many are in use/available.

Leslie Garakani