Originally Posted by skip555
I really like the 66E3-25 terminal block idea. I think this block would mount nicely right below the existing station, which is off near a corner and out of the way. I'll have to talk to my friend to verify that he doesn't mind the mounted block. If he objects, then I'll go ahead and splice with the Scotchlocks as suggested

this is a punchdown block so you wouldn't be splicing with scothclocks . I think the splicing with scothlocks is a better solution for a novice those blocks can be challenging to punch down in limited space with limited cable slack

if it were me I would be splicing with scothlocks

Thanks Skip.
I should have worded my post better. I meant to write that I would splice and use Scotchlocks only if I couldn't use the block--not use Scotchlocks with the block.

Hall-
Thanks, I've terminated several Cat3 25pr cables in the past. On those, the twist was obvious. However, these cables are quite old and the twist is not as obvious to me.

Bill-
I agree. However, this cable comes up through the floor and I really don't see anyway to move it. Now, in other suites, the 25pr is in the ceiling, and it would allow the cable to be brought down through the ceiling and terminated to a block on a backboard.

Everyone, thanks again..

Brad

Last edited by InstallPhones; 06/21/13 11:32 AM.