A small update:

I had to fiddle with the transfer sequence a little bit more. Here is what I ended up with:

[Linked Image from lh3.googleusercontent.com]

On the mailbox I configured it to "Wait for Answer", "Get Caller's Name", and to give up after 3 rings. Note that it actually will ring the remote phone 4 or 5 times before sending the call to the voicemail box. I have the remote user's answering machine set to pick up after 6 rings.

[Linked Image from lh5.googleusercontent.com]

I also found that our old phone installer's statement that it would be impossible to forward a call outside the system without installing another set and using CFOS was incorrect. I changed the user's mailbox & extension number, then set up a virtual extension on her original number. I set up a routing box in the voicemail system using the virtual extension number which always forwards calls to her new extension number.

So when someone internal dials her old extension it is sent right to the voicemail system, and like when someone outside calls the VM collects their name, puts them on hold, calls her, announces the call, and connects. She is very happy with this setup, as am I. One note: The voicemail waits for some audio on the line before announcing the call, so if the remote person never says "hello" it will not connect the call.

Incidentally if she doesn't answer and the call is returned to voicemail it does get the correct caller ID info on the message cool

Rather Be Fishing: When you say DialLogic card what do you mean? I believe our Voicemail PC's line car is made by DialLogic.

Thanks,

-Jason

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer