Well i have done extensive testing to isolate the issue. I eliminated the external DHCP server. I set up an internal DHCP off the MBU. I had the entire network offline. There was no traffic except the phone switch, two phones and the internal DHCP server. The wireshark capture shows that immediately upon a phone reboot the phone gets a 10.0.7.117 address. Again, there is nothing on the network except 2 phones a dumb switch, tried a hub too, the phone switch, and the new internal DHCP server. When I reboot a phone it goes through broadcasting this 10.0 until it finds the dhcp server and resets with the right address.

So is it possible that the CCSU is doing this? Is it possible, though the dhcp server in the phone system is off, it is still broadcasting, is their a phone system config file that is doing this.

I had a network guy say that it appears that the phone is saying hello to thephone switch 3-4 times and it is not getting a response back. FInally the phone restarts and tries again until the phone switch says im here.... Ideas?