I installed an SBX last week for a customer. They ended up calling 911 with it and the dispatchers got the wrong service address (system is using loopstarts from CenturyLink). They also reported no caller id.

So I call CenturyLink and tell them the physical address being provided for E911 is incorrect (and had a notification from the authorities to prove it). That got their attention and they fixed that right away. But then, I spent 50 minutes being passed around from department to department before I could finally get a repair ticket filed for no caller id. If it matters, this is a business account. The call went something like this. First the customer noticed there was no caller id so they call the 800 number. CTL insists caller id is already active. I put my buttset on the line. No Bellcore FSK after the first ring. So I call the CTL business repair number. They say well I don't see it on the acct, I'll have to transfer you to sales. They transfer me to residential sales (this is a business acct). They notice the mistake and transfer me to business sales. That was 10 more minutes of hold. They say caller id is already on that line! I explain that it isn't. OK, we'll get you over to repair. Went on hold and now I'm back at repair. I explain that I put a buttset on the line and saw no Bellcore FSK. They tell me "I don't know what you're speaking about sir, caller id is for incoming calls". I tell them caller id isn't working. They ask "For outgoing calls or incoming calls?" Now I'm loosing my patience. INCOMING CALLS, I say. OK sir I will make a ticket for that. Thankfully due to the odds, that tech made a ticket rather then sending me back to sales.

Remember back when repair knew what bellcore was? I'm convinced they are just receptionists with the ability to create repair tickets now.

Back when things were CenturyTel, I remember talking to very knowledgeable folks every time I called in. I also got consistent information that made sense each time. Now, I get the run around every time and I never receive consistent information from sales and repair. It's like playing the odds with success.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs