Hi,
I am a network admin and have been asked to assist with configuration of a new SBX IP model 4000-03 KSU recently installed in our office. The installer was a third party unable to provide any info on the system, he was just doing the physical install of the system. The nearest qualified Vertical tech is hours away and the company does not want to spend money to bring them in. So they are spending money on lost productivity while we try to figure it out ourselves.

I was asked to get the PC Admin utility functioning as the staff is very frustrated with the handset administration, which is less than intuitive and in many instances does not seem to function as documented in the CD PDF guides that came with the system.

I was able to get the LAN port configured with an IP address, subnet and gateway that is compatible with our existing network using the handset (The default address conflicted with our gateway). However when it is plugged into our switch, it does not respond to ping (which it may not do even when it's working right, some devices don't), it does not show up on a scan for devices on the network, and it is not located by the PC Admin utility. The LAN port on the KSU and on the switch both indicate a good connection with data transfer (green blinking lights on both ends).

I'm fluent in networking. The settings in the KSU are straightforward and I verified they stuck by going back in and checking them through the handset. What am I missing here?

Thanks for the help!