Hello Sydney. If you have access to programming, Under Servers click Email, then Modify link, look under Enable use of SMTP Server, if that's checked, click Send Test Email and see if it passes. If it doesn't, you'll have to fix the settings. If email settings are golden, go to Maintenance, Tools, enter smtpout.secureserver.net (GoDaddy's SMTP Server) and click DNS Get Address From Name. If that times out or fails, you'll have to head over to Network Configuration to get DNS sorted out.

Personally, in hacking situations they go in there and mess with all kinds of settings, both in the Server and on the phones (depending on software level) so if a backup is available from when the system was first put in, I would restore it to gain peace of mind at the Server. Be sure to upgrade to the latest release to patch the security problems that likely led to the hack. Then I would also visit each phone and and go into Config and default the phones, depending on what version you were on during the hack they were almost certainly messing with the phones themselves also.

If backups aren't available, I would personally default everything, load the latest software release, and re-program. I know it isn't convenient but it's better than trying to fix damage the hackers did.

Last edited by hacky; 03/25/15 02:00 AM.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs