https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/personal/2015/05/17/lollipop-nexus/27375011/

If you have a Google Nexus device and have not updated to the latest, you should hold off.

The official OTA update bricks some units (mine was one). Google nor Asus will admit or accept responsibility so far. I sent my unit to repair just to see what would happen and I was quoted a repair charge that was roughly the same as the unit when new (tablet is almost 2 years old so not worth it).

I explained I should not pay anything since a sanctioned update broke it. After being informed they knew nothing of this, I sent links proving otherwise. My latest communication from them thanked me for the information and they would waive the labor and shipping (Roughly $40). I am sticking to my guns of not paying.

I will avoid Google branded and ASUS products. While I really liked the tablet it is obvious they are more interested in getting new business rather than keeping old business. Even if I get this repaired at no charge, they have lost a customer which I know means less than nothing to them.

Michael Meyer