Well, I'd like to say my first exposure to this beast went smoothly, but it would be a lie....

I have dabbled in VoIP off and on for the last 4 years or so, but never seemed to have any luck with it. That all changed when I sold a 22 phone system for July installation. That meant finding a system I was comfortable with and I chose Ipitomy for the features and support. Good move.

The biggest "gotcha" so far has been my Open DNS server link. For some unknown reason, it doesn't like sip.flowroute.com
I had never been able to link my SIP trunks with Flowroute.
A frantic call to Ipitomy support and we finally figured out that the numeric result for the ping of sip.flowroute.com works. The best part is no stinkin' 10 digit dialing of local calls anymore! I got that on both my Phone Power trunks and my Flowroute SIP trunks via the Ipitomy. Also, no dial "9"..translation tables are so much fun!

Now, it's just a function of building tables like Ring All, Page All, VM servers, and the one I'll have to call tech support for, ringing a cell and the extension at the same time.

Kinda reminds me of the old Mitel days where you learned all the neat stuff in class but didn't get to try it in the field for 3 or 6 months. At least I get to learn and use it immediately!

I'll be waiting for sale #2 (bidding an attorney firm) and trying the Raspberry Pi Asterisk box as my next two projects.

Carl