My 6102 arrives tomorrow (Friday). I did an Ipitomy and I have to say, I'm impressed. It reminds me of the passion I had in the early Mitel days (1982) where you learned and applied some really neat technology. I have a Yeastar and Grandstream IP system and trunks from my friendly SIP provider. The 6102 is going to end up in my office where I have a 2-line sip trunk connected to an ATA that I'll bring in on the 2 FXO's, and a SIP trunk group from Flowroute that's costed per minute (less than 1 cent) that I'll configure to the SIP ports. The 2160 phone will be my main station and the handful of VoIP phones will act as backup. I'm most excited about using an external USB memory stick and the IP cameras to see if it really integrates and I have a new iPhone 6 coming tomorrow to try remote viewing.

I bought a Yeastar MyPBX a year ago, but I could never get the SIP trunks working. It turns out that my OpenDNS was not resolving the SIP address. I can fix that :-)

The usability is going to be how well IP systems adapt to Hospitality, both flags and non-flags. The Grandstream non-flag solution looks to be plug and play, without PMS and Check-in check-out. The Yeastar soluton has a price that no one seems to be able to give me. Ebay has been my friend for both PoE and FXS switches. Someday, I'm sure I'll have to pay the piper and buy real products.