Your reading comprehension skills have not diminished. This thread has been wandering, and that's mostly my fault. I have both problems. There is definitely no CPC on this "line" and it also has low loop current. It's VoIP, and I knew going in, I was apt to have issues like this. The CPC problem has cropped up only recently. It was giving a proper loop disconnect up until maybe a few weeks ago. The problem of low loop current has probably been there all along. I previously had this line going into my Avaya ACS with the 1A2 behind the ACS, connected to station ports. The ACS was likely masking the low loop current the entire time. I switched things around after getting some Melco S64-1 A-lead adapters, putting the 1A2 ahead of the ACS, and using the A-lead adapters wired so when an ACS phone is used, I get A-lead closure on the 1A2. They also allow me to retrieve calls on the ACS that were placed on hold on the 1A2. Previously, the ACS would have been supplying the loop current to the 1A2, and now that the 1A2 is ahead of the ACS, the sets are relying on the loop current directly from the VoIP devices. I only have one set that's really having issues with the low current, and it's a crappy SC wall set in my furnace room. I have one I can swap it with that will work. The other low loop current problem was the Melco A-lead adapters wouldn't trigger reliably, but I have changed the wiring so they seem to be working correctly and reliably now. I can --tolerate-- the low loop current problem since I have a work around, but this lack of CPC is a no-go. I thought about one of Sandman's CPC generators, or a Viking CPC-1, but the cost is prohibitive for a hobby setup. Unless someone wants to part with a used one for a reasonable amount, I'm stuck fighting the incompetence of a VoIP provider's "Tech Support" team. I have provisioned a dozen VoIP adapters for use with the collectors network (C*Net) and I know how easy it is to check the little box next to "Send CPC", but that seems to be lost on the minimum wage earning dope a couple continents away, whom I am at the mercy of.