I'm having issues trying to get my phone system to perform a basic function. This is a existing install of Inter-Tel 8.201, running DB Studio 1.51.

I want to set it up so that when my receptionist goes to lunch, a brief message plays, and the caller is directed to leave a message. Also, she should be able to have a different message if she just goes away for a few minutes.

I have set up "Applications" for both of these scenarios, and have associated them with the correct voice recording files for the situation. If I dial the "Application" number into my phone directly, here in my office it works fine (It reads the message about the receptionist being at lunch, then transfers the call to the VMBOX).

How can I route the incoming call to the organization, to the application, during these specific times?

I tried simply using call forwarding (CALL FORWARD >> APPLICATION NUMBER and it DID work on another phone in the system) but it did not work on the receptionists phone. I am not sure why. I think it is possibly because of the way that the calls reach the receptionist. Incoming calls to my organization appear go to a "Hunt Group". The only member of the "Hunt Group" is an Extension List, which is named "P0001" (Description: Dial 0). The Extension list "Dial 0" contains only one member, The Receptionist. So the configuration seems to me to be, the call comes in, goes to the "Day Ring-In-Type" and is forwarded to the application which reads my company greeting, then transfers the call to the Hunt Group for the receptionist, and then that Hunt Group looks up the "Extension List" >> "Station" >> "P0001" which has one member, the station for the receptionist.

I have also tried using the "Do Not Disturb" Feature, and making a Forwarding Path, that should forward the call from the receptionist to the Application, if her DND is on. This DID work on my phone when I tested it. It did NOT work on her phone. When her phone was put into DND mode, it didn't ring, but the call was not correctly forwarded to my application.

Any help is appreciated. I'm happy to answer any questions on the configuration of this system.

Thanks.