NEC IPK-II, two 8 line COID cards, two 16 line ESIB cards

I thought I had a handle on this but I can't explain the behavior I'm seeing.

Given: Two companies sharing the system. Each has 5 trunks coming in. Each wants all their company extensions to ring simultaneously. Each has their own extension ring tones/patterns.

Problem: Virtual Extension ringing on incoming calls doesn't respect the priority specified in program 16-02.

What I have done (with program numbers) and my thinking:

Set all trunks to DIL (22-04).

Set the pilot number for each group of trunks, two pilots total.(22-07)

Specify the department groups the pilots will ring. (11-07)

Specify virtual extensions, one for each incoming trunk in the unlikely event that each company has five calls incoming at the same time. (11-04)

Specify that the virtual extensions are members of their department group and specify the ring priority of the virtual extensions. (16-02)

At this point each company has five trunks, five VE specified, a pilot number for the trunks to ring, and the pilots and VEs are of the same department group.

Set function buttons at the stations to be "*03 Virtual Extension Key" and set the value equal to the VE numbers specified in 11-04. (15-07)

Set the station to ring with the VE that the function buttons are assigned to. (15-09)

Ensure there is no delay set on the ring. (15-11)

The problem:

When a call comes in it rings on a different VE than the top priority specified in 16-02.

In my case I have pilot #300 set to department group 63. (11-07) Virtual extensions 301, 302, 303, 304, and 305 are set to virtual extension ports 001-005 (11-04) with the corresponding priority order withing the department group of 1-5. (16-02) Yet when a call comes in it is VE 304 that rings (VE port 004, department group priority 4), and the next simultaneous call rings on VE 305 (VE port 005, department group priority 5). I didn't test three or more simultaneous incoming calls.

It seems as if there is another program somewhere specifying the order in which the VE or VE ports should receive department group calls other than program 16-02. What am I missing?

Josh