It's really a matter of preference. Either mounting hardware will work. As Sam mentioned, the J hook and clamp make it really simple to lay the run in the J Hooks and then go back and secure the strand. (J2235) J-Hook Clamp Strand Vise and Thimble eye or "House Hook" at the ends. You can also use a clevis and insulator. The OP didn't specify the fiber count. Most OSP fiber up to 24 fibers is on 3/16 strand with some in the higher counts with 1/4" strand. It depends on the cable manufacturer. I have seen both.

Rather than using a come-along, use a Haven's Grip (also known as Raven's Grip) or Chicago grip to tension the cable. Using one of these will make the pole to pole "sag" much easier to manage.

Since you are a virgin, I would highly suggest that you contact Fiber Instrument Sales (FIS) Click Here for the cable and all the inside boxes and connectors and patch cables. We have used their products for years and I never had a problem. You may want to consider pre-terminated and certified cable. It will make your job light years easier and you won't have to worry about terminating the ends. FIS has everything you need to do the job, both outside and inside the buildings. They are in Oriskany, New York. They also rent testers if you don't have an OTDR.

With a bucket truck, this job should take less than 1/2 day. With my help, 3 days. LOL

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet