Originally Posted by Arthur P. Bloom
The wife is away, visiting the daughter. The son is upstate doing his thing. The stepson and wife and cute little kid are home in NC. I am alone and have had a couple of drinks by myself. I am sad and lonely. No one has asked any 1A2 questions in months. Are you really going to allow an old man whose brain is packed with (useless) 1A2 information to just fade away, without passing on the joys of key systems?

Arthur, whenever you feel sad and lonely, just let me know... I can cure it in three ways at least:

1) Share that drink with you on one of the lines of my 1A2 telephone system, calls to the US are really cheap.
2) Ask you to ship some more boxes from US eBay sellers to Germany (at least you’ll talk to ladies at the Post Office)
3) Start some crazy expansion project for my 1A2 system, where your knowledge will be for sure required (my 551C works perfect now which makes me reluctant to make any changes there, but I have two 584C panels standing still in stock which I want one day to convert to a bigger system for the house, than the shoebox. My 18-button Call Director is waiting to have more lines in it alive than poor 4 lines out of 551C KSU. I have 2 PBX in idle mode now capable to provide 30+ analog extensions each vs. current small PBX with 4 analog extensions sufficient for 551C. So many things to do. I don’t understand how you can be sad and lonely...

P.S. I have three fantastic WE 2872A2M Touch-A-Matic waiting for repair, refurbishment and restoration. This is just the time needed to bring all this 1A2 fleet to bright and shiny condition.