web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
zete Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a new 3300 MCD 5.0 with 5 ls/gs trunks. I have set up a ring group as the answer points in the trunk circuit descriptor.
This answer point is a menu tree mailbox with 2 routing points.
The problem is that the display on the phones show the ringing in to the ring group then after 4 or 5 rings the System Auto Attendant picks up and not the menu tree.
How can I make the menu tree mailbox answer and make the Auto Attendant stay quiet?
Thanks,
Zete

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What is the number of the ring group and why did you set it up as a ring group? It sounds like the number that is going to VM is not a valid mailbox number or no number at all is showing up so vm defaults to the AA.

zete Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Steve for the help.
The customer wants two of their extensions to answer the calls during the day and if they could not do that then after 4 or 5 rins they want a message to be played that says " thanks for calling..........press 1 to hear this message in English" press 8 to hear the message in Spanish...
Pressing 1 routes to a transfer mailbox associated with an ons port on the back of the 3300. Pressing 8 gives the caller the Spanish flavor played at another ons port on the back of the 3300.
The menu tree is the roll over from the ring group now and it is also an ons port from the back of the 3300.
Thanks for you time.
Zete

I would assume you have setup a multi level box with the same number as the hunt group access code. In that box would be 2 choices for options 1 and 8, I would make them route to message only boxes that are associated with the message waiting indicators that are put onto the extensions in charge of retreiving the messages. Hunt group reroute point would be voice mail access code.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,678 Shoretel
189,685 CTX100 install
187,876 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 84 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024