Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#11897 07/05/06 05:49 AM
OP Offline
Hi All,

I'm a networking guy, who's been drafted to help a friend set-up his vmail system. Boy, someone was right when they said its a totally different world.

My friend has some peculiar needs for this system.
This is basically a virtual office, wherein people will call the main number, hear audiotex with someone's extension, dial the extension and be call forwarded out to that persons cell phone.
Most extensions will probably not have vmail enabled.

He would like at least 40+ extensions, must grow to 100+.
Probably needs <10 actual vmail capable extensions.
Basic audiotex is required.

He bought a DatalabsUSA DL-EVM-2xv+, which seems to offer quite a bit for the price. Unfortunately, there is no way to program it via serial or gui.
Gotta be some of the worst instructions I've ever seen, for anything.
I have gotten him up in a rough fashion, however am trying to find out what other system would be out there that would be a good upgrade for the future.
The Nortel CallPilot 150 seems like a good choice, however not sure what the expansion cost to go above the initial 30 extensions is, nor if its CCR will do actual Call Forwarding out?
People will primarily be calling in to a main number, and then being transferred out to someone's cell. Its odd, but thats how he wants it.

Any suggestions really would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Fred

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#11898 07/05/06 07:08 AM
You might want to look at Asterisk. It isn't just for VoIP, you can also use it as a traditional voicemail. On the plus side you don't need to worry about any licensing issues if you want to upgrade.

#11899 07/05/06 09:15 AM
OP Offline
Clinton,

Thanks, that is a possibility I'm looking in to. Also, there is an OSS called VOCP that looks interesting. However, since this might end up being free for life service calls for my friend, I would like to get him too get actual hardward w/support. I'd have to learn a more Linux to support Asterix or VOCP than I can afford to spend time on.

Are there no other SOHO hardware, or maybe Telephony type apps that might work? I've found a few, like Bigmouth and CallCorder, just not sure if they are worth the effort since some seem geared for tele-spamming.

Thanks for your time!

#11900 07/05/06 10:46 AM
What type of phone system is it going to be behind?

You may want to look at the Amanda Voicemail systems.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
#11901 07/05/06 11:28 AM
panasonic will do those things.
OVER 1000 transfer boxes.

#11902 07/05/06 03:35 PM
OP Offline
Hi Rich and brokeda, sorry, should have made it more clear. The vmail system will just be sitting on a single SBC POTS line to start with.
Basically, a large number of people will have business cards with the company phone #. They can call that number and then through an audiotext menu reach a specific employee. When they dial that employee's extension from within the audiotext menu, it should transfer them (Call Forward) to the individual employee's cell phone.
With the DataLabs unit, this is called Phantoming.

This seems to be a little less common, unless I am not looking for the right acronym/description.

Will look at the Amanda and Panasonic vmail boxes. Seems like its hard to find this on a SOHO box unless one looks at one of the much more expensive units.
For this application, do I need to look at an actual PBX?

#11903 07/05/06 03:41 PM
I'm thinking an Aleen or Bravo will do the trick. Of course you know you must have some type of CO transfer capability i.e. centrex etal.

The Amanda based systems would also be a good choice for their token programming flexibily.

#11904 07/05/06 03:59 PM
I did not know the callpilot could work on pots but thats good to know.

TVM telkol 2002 would be my choice.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,315
Posts638,928
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,135 Shoretel
190,328 CTX100 install
188,709 1a2 system
Newest Members
Kahm310, PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl
49,775 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
lyte 4
jsaad 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (whoami, nonameyet, justbill), 99 guests, and 87 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024