web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Yes,The NAM comes with 2 port enabled and any extra ports needed ,you have to activated thru a key code,Just another way of making money.If you do a backup for secure files you can restore these key codes back to the system after the upgrade or after replacing the hard drive.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
OP Offline
This is a 4 port NAM--is there some sort of number that I should be looking for on the NAM?
If I need a key code, and can't find it on the NAM, do I have to purchase one to get it back to a 4 port?

Also---is 4 port an 8 channel. Or is the 4 port--just those extensions---I think on this one it's 349, 350, 351 & 352. If this is not an 8 channel, I need to think of maybe a more robust upgrade---they have about 100 stations now and use VM quite a bit. But I have never heard of a problem from them in the last 6-9 months of not being able to access the VM.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
You have a 4-port 8 channel. Use F915 to access your backup function.

4 port is a 4 channel not 8.However to find out what you have you can log in under admin feat 983 and enter your admin MB and password, then dial 44 you see how many ports are enabled as a VM.In order to do a back for the secured file (key codes upgrade If any) you have to use the feat. 915 or sometimes that changes it could be any number I saw it up 970.In order to back up or restore the programming you will have to use 22 and 33 codes after you log in as administrator(feat 983 –admin MB and pass) hope that helps and not confused you. The 2 ports upgrade codes runs about $150 just in case if you need any.

OP Offline
Thanks for all the info. I'm planning on upgrading that NAM, but yesterday I put a DID onto a new extension (programming it exactly like I have done for all the others) and it won't even ring to the phone but rings immediately to the 221 station. Now, even though that NAM has to be upgraded---that situation doen't seem to have anything to do with the NAM. Today I'll go back there and delete the MB associated with that new station and see if the DID still goes to X221.

Hi Mick,

I'll give you a call on this today to make sure you have everything you need. Your NAM should be equiped with 8 channels (hardware), and licensed to use 4 of them for the NVM application.

Talk to you soon,
Marty

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Let's carry this converation forward.... jw has 4 stations ports connected. I presume all identify as voicemail. Nortel uses both the B1 and B2 channels for vm communication. That makes 8 channels.

That’s hold true to some extent especially for the old star talk, flash, copper NAM or even the call pilot because it connects or interfaces thru a digital station. However for the fiber NAM it connects thru a fiber connection so you have up to 16 extension 32 ports however it has to be enabled thru key codes. The NAM comes equipped with 8 ports as hardware but only 2 ports are enabled as lets say s/w limitation (another way for Nortel to make more money), and in order to add more ports you have to enable extra ports with key codes. And beyond 8 ports you will need to add MSPEC card for each additional 8 ports and add the additional key codes to achieve the ports required. I hope it helps and answered your question and it’s not confusing.

OP Offline
VM is 4 physical ports. 8 tiny green lights, around 80 users---no complaints ever of vm busy. Tomorrow night I replace the hard drive with a drive that has 4.1 on it. I did a back-up (took 3 floppies). Took about 10 minutes. Maybe the upgrade will fix my problem---and maybe I can do a restore on the new 4.1 hard drive....and it will take. Just maybe. I'll let you know how things turn out.

Today, all of the DID calls that were not answered by 4 rings, went to the AA (we changed the message to say "dial ZERO for the Operator"--we had renamed all of the DID trunks to say DID#### so that the receptionist could say "That person is not at his desk---let me put you in his VM" and then F986 them into the stations VM. Worked pretty good for a band-aid type deal.

So The NAM that you have is not fiber its copper interface thru a digital station. So make sure that you have the correct hard drive for the upgrade. The old NAM and the new NAM using different hard drive and it’s not interchangable.Good Luck.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,300
Posts638,879
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,779 Shoretel
189,855 CTX100 install
187,983 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 122 guests, and 242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024