web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
When you say the password is wrong and in the same time you were trying to do restore, I’m confused here. In order for you to do a restore you had to be logged in under feature 983, and then admin MB and password then you will need to dial 33 to start the process of restoring from the floppy. So I’m not sure where you were trying to do a restore or which password is not working. When you first install a new hard drive you will need to initialize the unit so when you first log in it using feature 983 it will prompt for a password (not LOG) and the password is XXXXXXXX and you will go in the process of choosing the language and other stuff usually leave it as default and it will configure the NAM ,then you will be able to log in using feat 983 and this time will prompt for LOG then you will enter the ADMIN MB and the PSWD, Then as I mentioned before you can attempt to perform a restore using code 33 . I hope that helps.

***Password Removed***

[This message has been edited by BCMguy.com (edited August 25, 2005).]

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
OP Offline
Thanks, Sam. That helps alot. I couldn't get in F983 so I got jumpy and got into F915--when I saw the RESTORE there---I thought, for some reason that the hard drive had been set up. Thanks. I'll go back on site tomorrow.

BCMGUY
The password I mention in the prior post was a common password not a secret one so I didn’t think it will do any harm to post it specially most people get confused when they first initially install a NAM on which password to use. But I guess I was wrong and sorry for not following the board and the moderator rules.

Hi Sam,

Mick got the info he needed before the password was removed. If that password were specific to this proceedure alone, I probably would have left it. The problem that I saw was that the SAME password should not be given out in reference to Norstar programming. I know there was no harm meant. When in doubt, lets not post them in public.

Thank you Sam, keep up the great work. You are an asset to this board.

Thanks!

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
OP Offline
Well---installed the Hard drive-- and thanks to Sam, Marty, Toner, JWooten it is done. Fired right up, took the back up from the 4.0--got the structure, passwords, greetings--everything back. We still have some minor tweaking to do, but those were issues even before the upgrades.
Sam---I still can't believe I didn't try that password---how many times have I used it??? Just too many hours in the last month. This customer is happy and I'm happy. Thanks guys. I'm taking the week-end off.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,300
Posts638,879
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,776 Shoretel
189,853 CTX100 install
187,979 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024