Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
OP Offline
Last night we did an upgrade of a MICS 4.1 to MICS XC6.1. 2 PRIs with DIDs.---and 6 analog POTS lines.--After much documentation and help, it came up just fine---except that the DIDs are all ringing at station 221 and whenever a call is transfered it does not go to the VM after ringing a station 4 times. I've looked at target lines and digits--but can't find out where the DIDs would be pointed to Ex 221. They ring in on one of her intercom keys.
Also, when a station is intercomed--the call goes to the VM box. It appears that all of the programming is the same as it was--- but I must be missing something. Any hints & ideas are appreciated.

[This message has been edited by JWRacedog (edited August 20, 2005).]

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Admin
Admin
What line number shows for the calls ringing to 221? My guess is that they'll be the actual PRI channels rather than the target line numbers. For example, line 20 instead of line 160 etc. Maybe the received digits setting is wrong. If it is you'll have to re-do all the target lines.

As far as the calls not going to VM, check the DRT settings in the System Programming to make sure it's not less than 5 or 6.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
OP Offline
All of the DIDs seem to be programmed as they were programmed. I have them all appr & ring on the particular stations and have done a button query to make sure that they are there. Most of the DIDs are-- Like ---xxx-xxxx was port 145 on the old software. Now it is port 157 on the new software. Line ports 001 to 023 are the First PRI and then ports 031 to 053 is the 2nd.(use to be 25 to 47) I have the port named DIDXXXX for each line port. When I dial in from the outside, DIDXXXX shows in the 221s display and one of the intcm keys blinks and it rings at 221.

DRT setting I think was 3 and still is 3.

I'm prepared to do some major re-programming ---but I just don't exactly know what to program. Re-doing the DIDs would be OK, but they seem to be all set up correctly. I can't back the new system up either---my NRU is looking for another map file--although I can program from the lap top.
Sheesh...I thought I'd have Sunday off.

[This message has been edited by JWRacedog (edited August 21, 2005).]

OP Offline
Went on site yesterday---& we're in pretty good shape. I've fooled around with the DRT and some ring timers--but still have the situation where during day ring---the DIDs ring 4 times and go to AA and during the nite mode--DIDs ring at 221s extension & the DID target extension--then go to AA. I've read a thread started by DrPBX and he had the same problem---don't know if it was ever solved or not. We're withing one ring, I bet, of having it work.

IF you have a NAM voice mail then you will need to upgrade to 4.1 in order to work with your new s/w 6.1.Once you do that it will fix your problem.I hope that helps.

OP Offline
Sam:
Thanks for the info. Yes---I have a NAM 4.0. Is this software upgrade on a 3.5 floppy?? Do I just go to 4.1 or are there options to go to a higher revision?

The software comes in a CD format no floppy.and the 4.1 is the last release for the NAM.

OP Offline
I guess I install the CD on my laptop and then hook up via a DB9 serial cable and download from there?? I think, years ago, I used hyperterminal to check out the old Startalks---Does the NAM do that too? I'll have to get a manual, I guess.

You will have to hook up an external CD drive(backpack CD-ROM) to the NAM and have the upgrade CD inside and it will upload the new s/w.Another option is get an new hard drive 4.1 and replace the old one maybe it will be easier that way. Keep in mind in either way you will loose the programming and the upgrade codes if any was loaded, so I recommend doing a backup prior to any upgrade or replacements. That’s my opinion.

OP Offline
Hmmm. That's not good. More work. More time. More money. Oh well--thanks, Sam for the info. I'll start rounding up what I have to get. I thought I was all done with documentation and programming on this system---guess I'm not done yet.
What do you mean by "upgrade codes". Is this a Nortel thing like PRI Enabler codes?

[This message has been edited by JWRacedog (edited August 22, 2005).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,683 Shoretel
189,693 CTX100 install
187,881 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 112 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024