web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ron1112 Offline OP
OP Offline
One of my existing customers went out an purchased (at auction) a BCM1000.

Now, I have been able to go in and see the PBX configuration and that is all good.

Here is the problem. The Administration Password...it definately is not default and I need to change it to default. How can I get this done?

My customer has a MICS 0X32 at this time. I am familiar with the BCM50 (have a few out there) but I have no idea how to get this password reset. The PBX is version 4.

Thanks for any help you can give me...I dont want to lose a customer and I know if I can get into Admin I can handle the system with no problems. I tried calling Nortel, they are no help as I am not a "Partner" and they can't reset the 1000 remotely. I called a "Partner", they wont help and I dont want to lose my client.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

How did you see the config with no password? Did you use a web browser or element manager? If it is 4.0 is has been upgraded. You can't default it as far as I can remember. You can order a new hard drive and install it. You will need a Nortel login to be able to retrive the keycodes. Good luck!

ron1112 Offline OP
OP Offline
I got in with default to see the config but when it comes to administration (programming) I need a different password and it is not the default password. So....I was looking for a way to reset this password. I have even called people to come out to do the job for us and they wont do it because we are not a Nortel "partner". I am willing to pay someone to do it but so far nobody is willing to come to the site and help out.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,811
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,378 Shoretel
189,081 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (jeffmoss26, Toner), 130 guests, and 418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024