Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Soupcue Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the info Carl
I was correct on my original thinking (before I posted anything on here). The DID Lines will not be going directly into the Vodavi KSU. I only started asking question here because I misunderstood the guy from D&E who is providing the DID lines.
The customer has sent me the info on what he is buying and his basic thinking on setup.It is as follows.
The customer is ordering 4 20 line DIDs. They will be DTMF, Wink and 3digit. He will be using them for both Voice and Fax (more for fax at this time)
The DID line(s) will be going into a EXACOM model DID-200SFT (4port)
He is buying a Faxpress 5000 to handle the fax part.
From what I understand about the DID-200SFT we will bring one or two of the outputs into the the Faxpress unit then the remaining into the Vodavi KSU via CO ports or analog station ports. This will be for the few "voice" lines he may want to transfer into VM or to a station. I think The DID box is capable of giving the KSU the appropriate transfer digits based on the incomming line.
Does this sound correct? any opinions?
Thanks for your time
Greg

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
To the defence of Soupcue..... I have been installing key systems since 1981... I cut my teeth on the ITT 601. I worked for a small interconnect for 17 years before I jumped out there on my own. I am a one man show and I try to keep up with technolgy but when you work on a lot of different systems and most of your customer are small it is a real pain to pick up something new. If you are not a distrubitor or certified installer it is hard to get tech support. So please excuse us poor unlearned back woods fellows, it's not that we are stupid we just don't know. We come to places like this in hopes of finding some one who does know and doesn't mind shareing their wisdom.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
George,

After reading some of your posts, I'm sure no one will think you're a "poor unlearned back woods fellow." Well, maybe back woods because you're from Louisiana. (Just kidding! I still a little sore from the LSU/UF game!)

There are a lot us on this board that are small shops. No one was trying to insult the original poster. But, sometimes we all try to take on projects we're not qualified to do and we need to be reminded of that.

Glad you're a part of the board!

-Larry

FYI-if all you have is the STS manual and not the STSe manual, you should probably get one if you're going to sell them or even help someone out who has one. The manual comes in PDF form on the CD in the box with the KSU. If you aren't selling them you can get the manual from support-most of the techs would probably email you one or you can go to wedophones.com and click on 'manuals' in the upper right.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,652 Shoretel
189,542 CTX100 install
187,788 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024