Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#212203 10/26/07 02:23 AM
Deltron Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
I replaced a Triad 3 equipped with a T1 card that had 4 modems hooked to a SL board.

I replaced this system with an XTS FP 3.0 with a combo PRI on a PRI circuit and a SLIBE. When I use the SL ports I get a very poor data rate and pauses in the data stream. The PRI circuit tests perfectly.

I adjusted the volume up and down on the SL ports with no results. I also replaced the SLIBE, the combo PRI card and the MPB1 card.Of course I get the old Vodavi mantra when I call them with any support call "We never heard of that". mad

ATT is the provider and their CO is 3 blocks away. All voice functions seem to be perfect. I temped a DX-120 with a PRI card and the modems worked.

This just kills me. An old Triad 3 works fine for 8 years and the new high tech XTS doesn't. It seems every single XTS install has issues. If not software, some weird hardware or firmware issue. It wouldn't be so bad but tech support always says the same thing "we never heard of that".

Any ideas gang? It's getting about time for me to retire I think.

PS: If anybody from Vertical bothers reading this board how about contacting me. I figured with Greer gone and new ownership things might change some. No evidence of it yet.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#212204 10/26/07 04:52 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I know that this probably won't solve your problem, but it is worth a shot. Vodavi issued PN0036, dated November 1997 regarding this issue for Triad and infinite systems. On page 3, they recommend:

"CO to SLT via a T1 trunk:

Access the specific trunk;
Hookflash and dial 638 + 6 on the keypad;
Hang up"

They also mentioned that the maximum speed to be expected is 26,400. All testing and results were using a US Robotics Sportster modem.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#212205 10/26/07 08:50 AM
Deltron Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
I'm using USR external modems. This is affecting both incoming and outgoing calls. The really odd thing is faxes are fine. No modem speed at any data rate works properly, even set as slow as 2400 baud.

I also tried my Thinkpad notebook for testing with the same results. It acts as if something on the data bus in the XTS is blocking the data. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, especially since the fax machines work.

What also has me stumped is I have dozens of XTS systems installed without this problem. The only thing different from my other systems is FP3 and a combo card versus a dedicated PRI card. I wouldn't think either should be a problem but who knows?

#212206 10/26/07 10:38 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Just for clarification, the Triad was only using a T-1 and when you installed the XTS you went to a PRI?

It almost sounds like your carrier is somehow transporting this PRI over VoIP. That would explain why the faxes work and your modems do not. But, that also wouldn't make sense if the DX-120 worked.

Do you have a POTS line on the system? If so, have you tried dialing out over it and see what speeds you get?

Sorry...wish I could be more help.

#212207 10/26/07 03:53 PM
Poor data rates, data blockages, etc, can be caused by improper connectivity due to incorrect cable pinouts. The specific type of cable used with that XTS T1/PRI Combo Card is briefly discussed here. I'll send PMs to dwflood and oobie to see if they can chime in with some helpful assistance. I'm also puzzled by the only types of calls that fly are fax calls. Possibly a wrong type of cable somewhere?

#212208 10/29/07 12:25 AM
I have a site that we have to send out modems that are connected to analog ports on a XTS on POTS lines other wise they will not work. You can call in to them on a DID and connect fine but if you try to use it to dial out on the PRI same result. I always keep a couple of POTS lines on the system for back and 911 reasons anyways so it wasn't a big deal for me.

*Just a note that the PRI provider is using a softswitch and i beleive that is where the problem is.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,858
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,663 Shoretel
189,585 CTX100 install
187,847 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024