Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
This is a bit of a stretch, but try dialing 691 + 00 at one of the phones and see if that has any effect. It could be that the phone(s) are set for off-hook preference to the mute button. I would be confused if this fixes the problem since multiple phones wouldn't just change this setting by themselves.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Ed I remember another topic on feature codes that if you had 4 digit dialing you added the lead number to the feature. I have no idea if that applies in this case or not. Just seems funny you post the feature code and I found the same code in a manual about the time you posted.

Retired phone dude
It is true that if leading digits are being used to create "fake" four-digit dialing that the leading digit will apply to almost all other codes. The problem is that the OP said that 631 works correctly.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I saw that too and not knowing the system I didn't know if that applied to all feature codes or just some. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Just funny the one that's suppose to work gives them a deny tone.

EDIT: From the user notes in the manual, just as Ed stated.

Use feature code 667 to select an H, P, or T mode for 8-
button digital telephones. Each use of this feature
code acts as a rotary through the three options.

Retired phone dude
The only other thing I can find is some feature codes won't work if stations have been locked. But then how would it have changed in the first place? Guess it could have been a glitch. Guess you could see if they are locked flash 6 button 8

Retired phone dude
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Did you try swapping the phone with another 8-button? If the phone is going bad, playing with the feature codes may not help. Another trick is if the data is glitched on the phone, turn off station lock and connect a 24 button phone. That will reset all the default settings. Then plug the 8-button back in to return it to the 8-button type.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

The 691 00 should clear the problem, The reason being on the 8 btn phones the mute key is button 26. So someone went to dial a number without dialing 9 or slecting a line first and set the phone to OFFhook to the MUTE key. On another note on the 8 btn phones they only have the H/T mode when dialing 667 to toggle the feature there is no "P" mode on an 8 btn.

Scott
OP Offline
Wow - That is a lot of information. Here is where I am now.

1. I have tried another 8 button phone in that location and it functions exactly the same.

2. We use three digit extensions.

3. 691 00 delivers a three tone confirmation, but I don't see a change in the operation. (not sure what I'm looking for here, so I may be wrong) After using this code, 667 still responds with the deny tone.

4. Not sure about MNDAVE's comment. I have two 30 button phones. Not sure if this will work the same way.

5. All other 8 button phones are working in the handsfree mode and the two 30 button phones cycle through the H/T/P function normally using the HTP button on the front of the phone.

NOTE *** If the phone in question initiates an intercom call, the phone functions handsfree, it only appears to be in privacy mode with an incoming intercom call. (I would guess this is normal for that mode)

Chris

OP Offline
Just had a thought. When I need to change the incoming call ring (On/Off) for one of the 8 button units, I need to do that through one of the 30 button sets.

Years ago the installers gave me a series of codes to enter where the extension of the phone I wanted to change was near the end.

After the code and extension, I enter a 3 or 0 .

Is it possible the extension was inadvertently changed from the 30 button phone and not the phone itself? (seems unlikely based on codes required for the ring change)

If so, only some of the option codes work at the individual phones while others need to be initiated from the 30....

Sorry some of my old Navy troubleshooting stuff is coming out.

24-button phones are the default phone for the Triad and you can use a 30-button if you have S/W Ver 4.17. The Infinite version was allowed a little earlier. You can dial 605 from the Attendant (usually x100) to determine what software ver you are using. The only program item I think may apply is the station speakerphone setting. Flash 50 Page B, button 4. 0= Full speakerphone (8-button isn't a speakerphone but you might try it). also 4= force the station into HF always. you can also try reinitializing the station database but b4 doing that, try swapping a 30-button phone to just reset that one port. Sta lock is flash 06, button 8.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,372 Shoretel
189,056 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 78 guests, and 380 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024