Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#216763 10/29/09 10:26 AM
Originally posted by MNDAVE:
With XTS, you can route the received ANI digits to your heart's content
It is the most wonderful feature ever created.......

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#216764 10/29/09 02:53 PM
A6 Offline
MNC. We are going to start working with the Wave as well. Thanks for the Wiki info. I have to get on Justin's case at Vertical about the wiki info (As in him not knowing about it, or not telling me about it) I will offer whatever input, suggestions and discoveries I come across with the Wave. I have a 500 'kit' that I am just starting to experiment with.

Eric

Tip and ring, the work of the devil!
#216765 11/02/09 02:05 AM
Justin was there during the training, so don't let him tell you he didn't know.

Just an update for those selling these.
The 500 I installed last week was good and stable for an entire week. Then hard drive failure. I'm not sure (I was probably doing something wrong) but the loading the backup failed for me no matter what I tried. So if you have one on the bench I would suggest doing some programming and wiping it clean with the usb flash and loading the backup on to the system. I had backups on my laptop but for the life of me couldn't get it to load. It was a miserable weekend and reprogrammed from scratch. I had all my notes but it does take some time.

I would also suggest to stay on vertical for some type of program where we can build a db before install and load the appropriate db on the wave. Something of windba but better. I have heard they are working on something but who knows.

#216766 11/06/09 07:08 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by MNCommunications:

At the training we got a wiki site from John Hall. As he says this is no way tied in with vertical but is done by him and some of the other engineers and support people. So use at your own risk but gives quite a bit of info and help. https://www.pleasantrunparkway.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
Thanks for a link to the site. It is really useful. As you said though, use at your own risk. One thing I found out that is incorrect on the Wiki, is that a Wave Recovery Disk (WRD), is not included in the NFR system, though it says it is: Wave Recovery Overview .

Thanks again!

#216767 11/06/09 07:28 AM
Did you get the usb flash? I thought they sent one out with the nfr kits. If not you can order them. They will default the system back to square one. You can then load the newest software version on it but be careful that you have upgraded all the systems you put in. Example is if you have a system with 1.5sp2 and later do a 1.5sp3 and your flash has sp3 you won't be able to use it on the sp2 if that makes sense. But a sp2 flash will drop your sp3 back to sp2.

So then are you missing the 2 disks in the envelope? I have the envelopes sitting here and never bothered to open them.

#216768 11/06/09 08:10 AM
our NFR kit came with the USB flash... we packed up an IP 2500 in a 19" road case along with a ProCurve PoE switch and a breakout block so we can take it to sales presentations and show folks exactly how it works. I'll take some pictures when I get a chance if anyone wants to see it.

"There is one thing and only one thing in which it is granted to you to be free in life, all else being beyond your power: that is to recognize and profess the truth." - Leo Tolstoy
#216769 11/10/09 07:29 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by MNCommunications:
Did you get the usb flash? I thought they sent one out with the nfr kits. If not you can order them. They will default the system back to square one. You can then load the newest software version on it but be careful that you have upgraded all the systems you put in. Example is if you have a system with 1.5sp2 and later do a 1.5sp3 and your flash has sp3 you won't be able to use it on the sp2 if that makes sense. But a sp2 flash will drop your sp3 back to sp2.

So then are you missing the 2 disks in the envelope? I have the envelopes sitting here and never bothered to open them.
Sorry for the late response, just getting back to the site.
No, I did not get the flash drive, I did however get the 2 disks in the envelope. Seems like the last poster received his flash drive with a NFR IP2500. Maybe they just come with the 2500 systems and not the 500 system? I double checked with our Rep. and he definately said no flash drive with the NFR IP500.

#216770 11/10/09 08:03 AM
I would call your rep back and get a couple ordered. I'm not sure how they are sending them out but much easier to have that than those disks, they just ended up in my desk. We got a couple extras for other techs to have instead of trying to track one down.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,904 Shoretel
189,999 CTX100 install
188,225 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 48 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024