Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#220445 08/10/11 10:47 AM
OP Offline
XTS with 2 cabinets. Cabinet 0 has 3 DTIB 24 cards so the extensions go from 100-172, easy enough. In that cabinet we have 3 LCOB's, MISU and MPB2, LMU. Cabinet 1 is the issue: Slot 0 is an SLIBe2 which was working fine up until about 2 weeks ago, so the customer thinks. Then in slot 1 is VoIP 24 (high density card) thats it. We could not get the SLIBe2 to come up so we changed it along with the ring generator. Going into config told us that the card was OOS. Fine, we reset, card came into service but still no analog dial tones on ext 173-184. It was like the phone system wasnt seeing the card. Finally found the problem by a config on the SLIBE2 and saw that although the slot had not changed the extensions now ran from 194-206, the slot has not changed, still in slot 0. No rhyme or reason, totally out of sequence hence no dial tones on the split block coming from that amphenol. Took us a while with tech support. Data base corruption? This does not appear to be at this point a hardware issue, the extension numbers are out of whack. Anyone have any thoughts on this one. Thanks

phoneguy1
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Is this what is happening? Station ports become reallocated when you install a station board between other station boards?

That is just the way the system behaves. For example, Your first station board has 100-123 in slot 1. If you skip slot 2 (just because), and put the next board in slot 3, it will be 124-147. However, should you put a board into the open slot 2, the numbering will shift and board 2 will become 124-147 and board 3 will become 148-171. The same holds true for the on-board pathfinder VM. You will need to either recross-connect or perform flex numbering.

Also, without knowing your configuration, there is a limit to how many stations can be assigned to a cabinet (96 if I remember correctly).

If I have missed your point, It's been a frustrating day here on the home front for me and I just came here for a break.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
MNDAVE,
No thats not the scenario. All was in order: cab 0 had DTIB24 is slot 0, 1, 2 and then LCOB in 3,4,5 then just the MISB and MPB2 in the assigned slots. So ext 100-172 in cabinet 0. In cabinet 1: slot 0 is the SLIBE2 that was/should be 173-184 then in slot 1 is the VoIP so it has nothing to do wit stations. The SLIBE2 in slot 0 is now showing ext. 194-206 for now known reason.

phoneguy1
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
You have a slot programmed between the last dtib and the slibe. There may not be a card in the slot but the system thinks there is and is assigning extension numbers. Check config and or flash 24 programming and see what is in slots 6 and 7 cabinet 0.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Did the VoIP board happen to get any stations assigned to it? Config would show it.

- Dave S. -

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If the voip card did have extension numbers assigned to it they should be higher numbers than the slibe because of the slot the voip card is in.

A slot doesn't have to have a card in it to still have extension numbers. The system just has to have the slot programmed with some kind of extension card.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
VoiP card has co's I think its 25-32. Empty slots in cab 0 are empty, no cards assigned in flash 24. Wondering as I just went out for a run: why cant I go to flash 52 and use what the system is giving me, those weird extension numbers out of sequence and just point them to the 4 digit extensions the correct ones were assigned to. Forgot to mention this is a networked system with a 4 digit dial plan. Thoughts?

phoneguy1
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
My guess is that someone fat-fingered the slot assignment for the IP card and placed it in cabinet 0 instead of 1. That would bump everything depending upon the CO/STA allocation given to the card. Let's consider that this accident occurred:

Instead of selecting cabinet 1 in flash 24, someone was still on cabinet 0 at entry level. Choosing slot 1 at that level would screw up the original DT that was in slot 0-1.

I'm grasping at straws at this point, but it sure sounds as if something like that happened. Forgetting to be in the proper cabinet when doing slot assignments has bitten me before.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The easiest way to determine what is going on is to do a config slot dump. Look at what is programmed and then dump each station card to get a look at the fixed/flexed number assignment. I have a feeling that the numbers were flexed before the leading digit option was turned on. We all know what happens when that option is enabled in an operating system...the numbers go back to numerical order.

www.myrandomviews

OP Offline
Did the slot dump and the DTIB's in the first cabinet all have the proper extensions. As I said, this was all working till around 2 weeks ago. Possible some type of electrical anomolie caused an issue with the data base but, it remains as is. What we are going to try this morning is to move the SLIBE2 into the first cabinet in the first available slot after the DTIBS and see if the extensions straighten out.

phoneguy1
I would default it and load a good working back up in it that you had prior to the problem arising and see what you get.

So when you do a config and d s you should see:

0 0-DTIB
0 1-DTIB
0 2-DTIB
0 3-LCOB
0 4-LCOB
0 5-LCOB
0 6-none
0 7-none
0 8-MISB
0 9-MPB
1 0-SLIB
1 1-VOIP

Is that right?

load a good working back up
Ah yes. That elusive thing a tech always does after making programming changes. :scratch:

- Dave S. -

OP Offline
Actually I thought about moving the SLIBE2 to the next available slot in the first cabinet after the 3 DTIBS. Removed the slot assignment in the second cabinet and programmed it for slot 6 in the first cabinet, did the reset and the extensions came up properly. The problem is in the second cabinet. Thought about a database re-load but this is a networked system and lots of twists and turns so that is something I was not keen on doing, I know the lazy way out. Always hesistant to fool with working systems. The SLIBE2 is working and all is right with the world. Thanks for all of the suggestions guys.

phoneguy1
Glad you got it straightened out. Thanks for the wrap up!

- Dave S. -

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,907 Shoretel
190,053 CTX100 install
188,227 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, dexman), 51 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024