web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#221841 05/12/05 03:33 PM
Hi -- Yes, I know it's for programming my system. It must be onboard VM. I spoke with my telco tech, and it was his idea that we get set up to manage it ourselves. He doesn't want to come out every time we hire someone either (can't blame him there). He walked me through the system with his machine, and said he'd send over the disks, but hasn't, and I haven't been able to get in touch with him. I've got a call in there too, but we're hiring a few new people next week, and I've gotta get this done. I appreciate the help. MY KSU is the protege CTX, there is another, separate, smaller box also -- this is marked as Sprint-built as well.

Thanks for the help!
c0d3r

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#221842 05/13/05 03:05 AM
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
I'm unsure what your voicemail is. The second box could be voicemail, but then again, it could just be a power supply. Maybe another tech on here can help answer that question. I can't remember off the top of my head how a CTX is layed out.

Oh by the way, you've got mail!

------------------
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA

#221843 05/16/05 11:03 AM
Why would you service guy not want to come out and service your phone system? this is how we earn our living...

I know what you have and what you need to do... but I will never tell...

Why do you guys continue to give out software and support to the non telco guys?... Computer guys have already hurt us with cabling... now you want to give them the tools to take away moves and changes.......

Sad very Sad

Walter

Walter

#221844 05/17/05 07:55 AM
Walter -- My local support guy is a small business owner, and he is currently swamped with work. I probably mis-spoke, it isn't that he doesn't want to come out and do this for us, but more that he has bigger fish to fry. The last time we needed this type of work done, it was the owner of our support company that came out to swap voice mail settings for us, because all of his guys were out working on the bigger contracts.

He saw the racks of equipment in our server room, and thought if I can manage all of that, I could probably handle these things myself, he did say that he normally wouldn't recommend it, but felt okay in this case. My boss (who owns the company that I work for, and was standing there when he said it) agrees with him, and for reasons of response time (half a dozen mail boxe edits is not a big priority for a busy telco guy) and money, of course, wanted to bring the small-fry stuff in house.

On our side of course, my IT guys and I do what we're capable of, and what we have time for, and we do have diverse talents. We do our own cabling too -- but only up to a point. If we have to run a few wires, we do that ourselves, and punch them down ourselves. If we open a new office, that usually goes out to bid. I don't intend to reprogram our whole phone system from scratch, and If I did, I'd call my local support guy, and pay him to do it. It's all about knowing our limitations.

In any event, I'd like to thank the folks who did respond and assist me in getting my job done. I was successful in accessing, backing up, and editing some voice-mail settings on my system. I couldn't have done it without these folks. If you guys should ever have any computer-guy type questions, please feel free to hit me up -- I'll be glad to help.

Thanks again,
c0d3r

#221845 07/11/05 09:13 AM
does anyone have the software to program the protege voice system?

I got a program. the version is: R72UF4.F29. but I fail to communicate to the system.

Can anyone help please?

#221846 07/16/05 09:24 AM
I have a Protege System, let me know if you still need help. I may have information you need.
Vortex Admin

#221847 07/20/05 05:19 AM
What type of system does your software match the rev on the system etc. there are lots of revs on protege systems. and should'nt this be a new post or is this the new protege one stop. I mean 2 pages and lots of new problems.????

#221848 07/22/05 11:12 AM
The K32... and such software IDs refer to the phone system software only. The voice mail systems are separate.

Protege has been sold with at least 3 differnt VM products, "SVP", "DVP" and recently "Flash." You probably need to describe the physical box to determine which you have.

SVP is programmed via terminal emulation. DVP and Flash can be managed via DTMF codes or software.

(I agree with the previous post - this should probably become a new topic.)

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,684 Shoretel
189,696 CTX100 install
187,883 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024