web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
for what you are looking to do go either ESI c-class with vm or ACS partner with small pc vm, go digital phones! you want to be able to say "fred call on line 1" and fred to go over to the phone and press line 1. i have been on server systems and as a phone tech i could not remember all the codes, page,park,cfwd, you get the point. plus what do you do about new staff in a store? train them all on how to use the pos, alarm codes, phone codes, and by the way train them on what you pay them to do! not worth your time. plan to spend more than you are thinking, not much more.

Martin Wolfe
Wolfe Communications
Servicing the North Bay
Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Lake, San Francisco, Mendocino
ESI, Avaya, Star2Star,and Toshiba Installer
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Not sure if you are still looking for a small system, but check out Allworx. We have a new small business solution thats a complete VoIP phone system (emulates PBX & Key system mode) and full DHCP network server and it does everything you're looking to do at your price point. smile

I think the Partner is probably the best solution. As already mentioned, there are tons of these out there.

Also, you can use any analog phone. Alot of small businesses will get a refurbished ACS 308 (3 lines, eight extensions), a couple of system phones, and maybe a cordless or two they picked up at K-Mart for twelve bucks. If this gets to be too expensive, the voicemail (which has the auto-attendant) can easily be added later.

I agree switching between lines on an analog phone can be a challenge for some people, but its real easy to answer a ringing phone or go off hook and make a call.

If you do install your own system, I would at least hire a professional to install surge protection on your phone lines, regardless of which system you choose.

Talkswitch, Allworx... call the exterminator 'cause they're comming out of the woodwork!

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I hear Sun Moon Star is making a comeback.
Solstar TCOIP system
Tin Can Over Internet Protocall

Originally posted by brokeda:
Re: Talkswitch. Give me a break. The only users who can operate a single line phone on a switch are power users, the guy who bought himself..... Spend your energy doing your business and not trying to figure out
a bunch of complicated codes.
I appreciate your feedback. Was simply offering an option like everyone else is smile

What you are describing would be easily changed with 15/20 mins of training either with the VAR or by calling us direct.

I am certainly not saying Talkswitch is for everyone, but for some it is a very happy cost effective solution with many features.

As your aware.. when researching phone systems you have to look at Basic Requirements, Wants, and Price.

If a company is use to line appearance, doesnt mind refurbished equipment, and does not need voicemail/auto attendants then Talkswitch may not be the best option. Allworx, Nortel, and the others mentioned here are good solutions.

If a company wants many advanced or all-in-one features at an inexpensive price point, and is willing to take perhaps take 15-20 mins to learn how to use the features properly then Talkswitch might be the right solution.

This post requirements of "Auto Attendant, 2 or 3 lines, Fax and several phones one of which is cordless, with a budget of 1 or 2k" Is Talkswitch's target market.

Just providing an option. :thumb:

Regards,

Amanda Blain
Channel Sales Manager
Toll Free 888.332.9322 x147
Web www.talkswitch.com
I haven't heard much mention of NEC, but their DS1000 is right in your price range - new with professional installation. It's a very nice little system too with tons of calling features. However, it does require the purchase of an analog card to add SLT's.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

It has been a while since this thread was active (actually it has been 5 months). Lets ask Andy what he ended up doing rather than continuing in the dark. I will PM him and ask to respond.

Steve

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Folks, please take a minute to review the date of the original start of the topic when posting. The last truly active communication for this topic was in March. Starting an old topic back up doesn't do anyone any good. Thank you for your understanding.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,868
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,691 Shoretel
189,709 CTX100 install
187,894 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (KRRath), 138 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024