Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Admin
Admin
Originally posted by skip555:
-just ask any 14- 20 year old who ever turned a computer on , they all know all about that stuff

no need for pay just a couple of bottles of mountain dew and a pizza will do
That's why you use kids under 21. If you pay your over 21 workers in in beer, it costs you double because you can't let them drink alone :=).

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Please send more DUCK TAPE. I think 1 more roll, wrapped tightly, might stop my head from exploding!

:db: :db: :db: :db:

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Bump

KLD Offline
:rofl:

Ken
---------
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
C'mon John, this sucker is 10+ months idle. It's funny, but not THAT funny. frown John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
The reason for the bump up was because of the following email I received yesterday:

Hi I read a message board with some questions on Simpliphones system,,, it said that you have a phone system

My problem is that I bought a Simpliphone system and can not use the software with out the password, I was wondering if you have a copy of the software and would be gracious enough to send me a copy

I would be willing to pay for it .

Cheer’s
-------------------------------------

I invited the sender to become a member and ask this question to others and then I went to find the thread and bump it to current status for him to find easier.

Ah, I see, said the blind carpenter, as he picked up his hammer and saw. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
SimpliDumb.

SimpliPhone (or a liquidator) is selling there left over phones on eBay:. Here is the auction number: 320328692472. Im guessing the seller has something to do with SimpliPhone as they are also based in Utah, they are selling P4 motherboards used in the system, and their other auctions are VOIP gateways.

SimpliPhone also runs not just Windows, but Windows XP. What made them think a Desktop OS with questionable reliability is telecom grade OS is beyond me. Then again, they are also using a desktop motherboard and a desktop hard drive. If they wanted the Windows GUI or commodity programmers, I would have run Windows CE which is actually a RTOS and run it on a flash drive. I would have also gone VOIP, eliminating the very expensive PCI FXS analog boards, additional wiring and potential failure point (line surge, etc.).

What really amazes me is how big and hollow the server is. The case could have easily been a 2 post compatible 1U or 3U.

Though I question their marketing and sales channel. SimpliPhone had a decent concept, just poor execution.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,681 Shoretel
189,690 CTX100 install
187,879 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 98 guests, and 311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024