Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#224969 12/23/10 02:28 AM
baldy Offline OP
OP Offline
Has anyone have anything to report on the Konnect product i'm being approuched on this and it looks promising

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#224970 12/23/10 05:41 AM
Admin
Admin
I got the spam they sent out and it looked interesting enough so that I have more info coming.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
#224971 12/23/10 06:15 AM
Admin
Admin
I have been lusting after the system for a year or so. They sell 2 kinds of phones, one with a POTS interface and one without. Apparently, you can take the POTS phone, plug it into your network, and establish a SIP presence on that POTS line anywhere in the cloud. Teledynamics also offers them.

It's found everywhere on the Internet at $299 retail and the margins aren't great. The minimum advertised price is only about 5% less.
Of course, by the time we add the "value" it might be a decent profit.

I'm not all that sure that a good Yealink would be better.

Carl

#224972 01/17/11 12:40 PM
I have been a dealer of the Konnect Office product for almost a year, just installed another one with 12 phones last week. My company is all about "Communicating Green" providing VoIP products that do not require servers or KSUs. The Konnect is the only P2P VoIP phone on the market and it is very easy to sell. Do not worry about the internet pricing. Contact me direct if you need more info so we do not let the cat out of the bag.

#224973 01/27/11 11:36 AM
Did my first software upgrade to the Konnect phones and it went very smooth. Loaded some Pumpkin software and 3 files on the customer's PC, went to each phone asked for the upgrade and it worked. Upgraded 6 phones and uploaded a MOH wav file in about 40 min. Aksys walked me through what to do and like always was very understanding and pleasant

#224974 02/07/11 04:35 AM
Have you tried to put out any remote extensions or tie two networks together? If so how easy is it?

Steve

#224975 02/07/11 11:03 AM
TampaSteve
Yes in many ways. In my home office I have 1 Konnect on a Windstream DSL (very basic)and I keep a few demos deployed and the prospects access my land line, intercom me, we can voice announce each other and so on.

The installation is very simple and there is only one extra step in setting up remote extensions. All phones are linked with a “Work Group Name” that you setup. You can take a phone to remote location or if you want to setup another set of extensions on another network then you just need a Konnect ID of a phone that is at the main location. This is the only extra step. Sometimes Konnect talks about firewalls but I have not had an issue there yet.

I have had problems with cable internet providers but those customers know they need to change. I really like the product and hope to see it get even easier as the software progresses.

#224976 02/07/11 11:19 AM
Shipping....
I order my phones direct from Calgary so I know the software is up to date. Shipping is $10 per phone but you can purchase from a distributor to get the phones quicker and upgrade the software yourself. I would rather order direct but it takes time, maybe 2 weeks if Fargo is snowed under. Now that I know the product is solid I am going to order in bulk.

#224977 02/07/11 03:08 PM
Originally posted by CNetworx:
TampaSteve
Yes in many ways. In my home office I have 1 Konnect on a Windstream DSL (very basic)and I keep a few demos deployed and the prospects access my land line, intercom me, we can voice announce each other and so on.

The installation is very simple and there is only one extra step in setting up remote extensions. All phones are linked with a “Work Group Name” that you setup. You can take a phone to remote location or if you want to setup another set of extensions on another network then you just need a Konnect ID of a phone that is at the main location. This is the only extra step. Sometimes Konnect talks about firewalls but I have not had an issue there yet.

I have had problems with cable internet providers but those customers know they need to change. I really like the product and hope to see it get even easier as the software progresses.
Interesting, what kind of problems do you have with cable internet? Usually it is more stable than DSL down here, but of course fiber is best when possible.

If remote telephones are simply connected by a name I will assume they first connect through Konnect's server in the cloud? If so then how would they differentiate betwen two names that happen to be the same - or do they not allow the same name. For example, what happens if there are two Joe's Pizzas? What keeps me from putting in the name of approval customer's work group and connecting with them without their approval?

This is very jnteresting and looks like it could gain market share in the small market key system world.

Steve

#224978 02/08/11 10:02 AM
Our local cable provider is over extending their coax delivery and even their fiber is not what it should be at times.

If you wish to setup another branch of phones then they need to register to a Konnect ID at the main location. Every phone comes with it's own Konnect ID like 200034332. The Konnect ID can also be dialed, I can call Aksys on my reps Konnect ID and make an internet call. Duplicate names of customers can not happen, the SIP server wherever it is ??? will not allow it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,678 Shoretel
189,685 CTX100 install
187,875 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 110 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024