web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I working with a customer has issues with a working view mail set up stops sending the attachment file. These quit at random, 1 user then another, months apart. I have worked with Active Voice & now AVST(?). Coming to the same conclusions reload the view mail software. Message indicator flashes 2X then goes out when message goes to Outlook, but the attachment is not there. I can force download of message and the wav. file will copy over to Outlook, but of course the message light will go out. Prior the message light stayed lit, until message played from either Outlook or mailbox.

After reloading the software it still does not work. The users are forced from their computers while all this is done. A system admin is needed to uninstall and reinstall. The customer is tired of this.

The system is NEC IPK
VM is Elite Mail LX CTI
These are Windows XP Pro, ver. 2002, SP3
Outlook 2007
View Mail ver. 3.5.1.11

Anyone have an idea?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
This is why I don't like UM with Outlook integration. Many times with Microsoft updates, something stops working or gets messed up. I'm thinking that the problem is with Outlook. The user's PCs are getting an update that is causing your problem. What that update is? I don't know. Maybe you can start comparing the update history between one computer that works and another that doesn't work with View Mail. Also, there was a small program supplied by Active Voice that completely removes View Mail from the PC because an uninstall doesn't remove everything related to View Mail.

Ham Offline
Same issue on 8100 viewmail but after cleaning the registry and deleting the Nec folder in the Programs folder, you can do a fresh install at that point and it usally works, I think its a security update or a office uodate that alters the dat file or what ever file that is, that they want you to delete at the end of the install. I went round and round about this with the customer at one of our installs, The View Mail doesnt work like other UMS ,either it downloads automatically or you have to select download when you get the vmail attachment.If we use the Viewmail option we set it to notify via email but it doesnt pull it off of the phone until you select to download message from the email you get,that way they still have the MW blinking on the phone. You could use the SMTP account setup but you will have to double the work , listen to message on the Phone and the Email,What is nice about the SMTP setup is you dont have to have Outlook up and running just to get the VoiceMail.
You have to use PUtty to login to the Voicemail and setup your Post office first, there is a little bit of work to be done there but after that its easy.Just put in the email address in the Subscribers field.
Upgrade to the 8100 and the UM8000 VM is the same as the Linux except a ton of more feature, The Voicemail you have has MailBox Manager but you cant listen to your messages on that one the UM8000 is a nice user friendly Voicemail with some CTI Apps.

I am the Big Ham and I approve this message.
Can you just push to the exchange server instead of using viewmail?

D

Originally posted by doghart:
Can you just push to the exchange server instead of using viewmail?

D
I believe it's not that easy as when you run up Viewmail client it creates a tunnel between the client PC with Outlook and the voicemail system. Exchanger server is not a part of the voicemail delivery until it arrives in the inbox then it gets treated as another email . The only other option is SMTP delivery but that is not as user friendly..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Also, check to make sure DCOM isn't disabled on the user's pc.

Originally posted by paulw:
Originally posted by doghart:
[b] Can you just push to the exchange server instead of using viewmail?

D
I believe it's not that easy as when you run up Viewmail client it creates a tunnel between the client PC with Outlook and the voicemail system. Exchanger server is not a part of the voicemail delivery until it arrives in the inbox then it gets treated as another email . The only other option is SMTP delivery but that is not as user friendly.. [/b]
That's what I meant by PUSH, I was curious if he could just use SMTP delivery instead of viewmail...

Much more reliable, and the mail and attachment is available on mobile device/smart phone as well etc...

OP Offline
Thanks this will give me something to try, I have explained the Outlook update thing, for now they blow that off.

I can check on delivery, but this is pending IT dept.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,368 Shoretel
189,049 CTX100 install
187,409 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024