web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Recently, a co-worker and I had to reprogram a defaulted E-Pro level II with 88 extensions. We were able to find a manual, and the battery was replaced. It probably had the original one from 1992. I am working on the following issues and would appreciate any help.

1. Internal calls to 0 ring the extension 280. This is port 1. It needs to be changed to ring at 209, port 10.

2. From each extension, the voice mail button used to go straight to the users' voice mail box. As it is, they need to press the VM button, dial # + their extension to get to their VM box. On the phones, I programmed a soft key to dial the voice mail pilot: 250.

3. Users cannot transfer straight to voice mail. They used to press [transfer] + extension + 7 to transfer to voice mail. As it is, once they press [transfer], they hear a dial tone, which they didn't before. If they dial the extension, it calls the extension and 7 does nothing.

4. When users answer calls with the speaker button, the caller cannot hear them, even when the mic button is lit. They can hear the caller however. I tried pressing function 1 and this toggled the mic light but there was no change.
Whether the mic light is on or off, they are muted. How can they toggle this to on as a default?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

For your quick transfer for voicemail, check out 1-2-24 and 1-8-26. That should get you going in the right direction for that issue.

For your speakerphone issue, I've run into this before with Elite IPK systems and Dterm phones. Had to go into 4-12 and program a "MIC" key, as the actual MIC key on the phone doessn't have a key-map on the IPK Systems. Not sure what handsets youre using on this Level2 though.

To resolve the DIal 0 to reach the operator issue, you'll want to check out 1-1-46 and 1-2-08.

AS for the VM issue, not sure if you're trying to access subscriber messages with a softkey, or an actual MESSAGE key on the phone. Your integration sounds like it may be off. Depending on the type of mail you are using (VMS, FMS, etc) you may want to check out the switch/PBX settings of the mail. I know in the VMS/FMS there's a page with an integration string that I would always mess up.

Also if the manual you found for the Level2 seems cryptic, you can always grab a copy of the NEC Electra Elite IPK Features and Specs, and also PRogramming manuals -- they're almost identical.

I tried to give you as much info as I could without giving you exact instructions. I'll let you figure out the rest smile If you do need more assistance, just ask!

#4-You have to enable handsfree for every extension port, it is off by default.
#2-Check the VM integration for the VM ports & set them to digital VM. Also set up the hunting for those ports as well.

OP Offline
Thank you!

1. 0 now rings at 209.

2. VM button was a F A soft key programmed as 1:250#ext. Now working. Users push that, then a PW. Fist had to make sure the system know the voice mail ports. Got some help on this one.

3. Transfer out to VM was fixed. Setting on 1-2-24 was OK, 1-8-26 was changed to point to VM pilot. Voice Mail Quick Transfer Master Hunt Number.

4. Yes, Hands free had to be enabled for every ext. port. They were all off. I programmed a F A soft key for mic, but that is the same as [FNC]1.
4-29 HFU selection! Got some help on that one.

I'm happy I was able to leave with everything on my list resolved and a happy client. Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

Glad I could point you in the right direction!

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,568 Shoretel
189,438 CTX100 install
187,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 180 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024