web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
arc Offline
If you don't have the exact printer driver for your model of printer, you can usually print using another driver. Try the Laserjet 4 or Laserjet5 or Laserjet 2100 driver or something similar that comes with Vista.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I discussed the options of using a USB/parallel cable and adding a parallel PCI card. The USB one has no guarantee of actually emulating LPT1 with hardware addressing of 378h, which I've found to be an issue with some drivers. The PCI card was $40, and the new printer was $60. And it was a color inkjet with individual color carts, so less waste.

Rob Cashman
Customer Support Engineer
arc Offline
Just buy a second printer. I just bought a new HP LaserJet p1015 for seven tenths of a Ben Franlkin and it prints 15 ppm.

OP Offline
Update. I gave the customer the options and he didn't want any part of it. He wanted me to go buy any adapters and cables I would need and just try it. I explained that by the time he pays for all of that crap he could have paid for a decent printer.
He didn't care, I bailed.

A few days later my wife came home and told me that the other office manager was trying to get the adapters and cables but she discovered "It is a pain in the butt". I didn't say a word. laugh

Probably the best thing that could have happened. Now you don't have to deal with it whenever whatever gets inststalled breaks or they can't figure it out.

When he comes back to you, and he will, tack on an extra 1.75 hours for what you've put in so far.

I think I know the reason he doesn't want his computer networked, and I think I know why he doesn't want any device tht has the appearance (to a novice) of letting other people see what's on his PC.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,726 Shoretel
189,769 CTX100 install
187,925 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 92 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024