web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#253471 11/17/09 03:59 PM
I have usewd QB for several years now. I kind of jumped in and started out not knowing what I was doing. Iran across an accountant that was wanting my business and offered some free training. He spent about 4 hours with me and we tuned it up fairly well. Is it the answer to all of your needs in this business? No but it will help. I have redesigned some of the templates for invoices etc.

Mike

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#253472 11/17/09 05:01 PM
I use QB-pro also and subscribe to their payroll option. It makes out all my monthly and quarterly state and federal tax forms. With the payroll option you have to update every three years. You can also e-mail invoices with it. On Dec. 31 I make a back-up and give it to the accountant.

#253473 11/18/09 02:26 AM
There is another "premier" accounting solution out there called "Creative Solutions". My CPA is moving more and more people to it from Quickbooks.

I don't know the specifics and heck I'm still using Quicken Home & Office for invoices...but from what I've seen, this is more like a real accounting program rather than something to keep track of Granny Smith's craft shop.

https://cs.thomsonreuters.com

Jeff
Lead Field Engineer, MSCNS
#253474 11/18/09 04:59 AM
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
Now that I have it setup some and starting to work with it I can see 3 things that I would like it to do.

1. Is there a way to have a spot to enter labor and installation charges to an Estimate and Invoice?

2. Have a spot to do work orders. Something like the Estimates but for simple service jobs.

3. For an item like a phone it would be nice to have all of 1 model in one inventory but still be able to track individual serial numbers.

Any experts know if either can be done Please let me know.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
#253475 11/18/09 07:36 AM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
1. Put labor as an item. I have L1 to L9 for different kinds of labor--IT, Installation, Bench, Training, Remote etc.

2. Not that I know of --but you can change and nmake different templates for the Estimate section. This may be a way of entering in a swparate place for labor, too.

3. I have mine separated using all the different manufacturers that we service--Allworx, Avaya, Comdial, Toshiba etc. It's all in the listing of the items. I use different "indicators" so that they all come up in the list in a logical progression.

#253476 11/18/09 05:43 PM
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
I'm about ready to give it a try. I have my customer and inventory information imported and have tweaked the settings. I did find a way to create a work order to take the place of an complete estimate form. I also have made an Invoice template that I like better then my old invoices. After I get used to this I just might like it. After working with databases for many years its pretty easy. Heres a sample of my work order and invoice.

[Linked Image from i96.photobucket.com]

Merritt

#253477 11/18/09 11:38 PM
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Work order looks neat & clean. I don't use them, however if I did, I would add in the area where you say "Thank you for your business" something like "Terms & Conditions have been explain to the client for overdue invoices" or better yet spell them out along with a place for them to sign. This is so that they can't say that they didn't know that there would be interest charges after 30 days, for example.

On the invoice, I like the inlay of the phone. How'd you do that?

I would line up the lines for the "Price Each" column with the "Terms" box above.....just makes it look neater IMO.

I would also remove the "Part Number column" from the PRINTED invoice. I wouldn't want to give the client too much info, so they could surf the net for their next purchase if you know what I mean.

I have multiple invoice templates depending on the situation. My best one is a copy of the main one that I call "Incentive", that I use for a client not covered by a maintenance contract. In the "Description" area at the bottom there's a big box with "This invoice can be reduced or completely credited if you sign up for one of our service plans." I get a lot of call backs inquiring about this. :dance:

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
#253478 11/19/09 01:31 AM
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
Great ideas Dave I'll work on them and may end up like you with different Invoices for different occasions. I am still considering maint. contracts so I'll keep that idea on hold till then. The phone inlay I did from a TranTel phone pic. I changed the contrast and brightness to fade it into the background. When I print them on a laser printer B&W it looks pretty sharp. The work order are mostly for my use. It give me a way of getting the job into QB without doing a complete estimate. I can also print a copy and take it with me for reminder of todays job and a place to write down what the job required. Basically to take the place of the memory that not as good as it used to be.

Merritt

#253479 11/19/09 03:15 AM
We use work orders also for the same reasons as Merritt but more importantly to get the customer's signature. They get itemized with all charges instead of the invoice so there can be no question. A signed copy gets attached to the invoice which can cover multiple work orders but usually doesn't. The invoice just has a sub-total, tax and total due.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#253480 11/19/09 04:11 AM
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
I cleaned up the invoice as Dave suggested and it looks even better. Thanks for the tip Dave I guess it hasn't got cold enough to give you brain freeze yet. laugh Here is the newer version in gray scale like it prints but the printed copy the fonts are a lot cleaner. I can also add any custom message under the Thank you for your business.

Merritt

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,685 Shoretel
189,696 CTX100 install
187,888 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 101 guests, and 292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024