web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#257816 10/09/07 07:51 AM
OP Offline
I have an Active Voice Repartee v7.46 vmail system integrated to an NEC 2400 ICS PBX. From the NEC I have 2 T-1's going to a Cisco Call Manager IP phone switch. Whenever callers dial into the facility and the auto-attendant answers and the caller dials one of the IP extensions, the Repartee does a transfer and release but most of the time the call comes right back to the opening greeting and if the callers inputs the extension again it sometimes goes on through or it comes back again and you can try again and it usually goes ahead and completes the third time. The NEC is set up to NOT have recall from transfer and by obseving the ports on the Active voice screen the calls come back to the same port that transferred them. Has anyone had this problem before or have any suggestions to try? The problem only happens when transferring from the auto-attendant ports to the IP phones, not the regular NEC phones.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I would post this in the NEC link.
What model IP phones? How is call forward no answer been set or working?
Active Voice needs to get the correct information from the PBX in order to send the call to the mailbox, otherwise the call goes back to AA. You should be able to monitor the ports to see what data Active voice is getting from the PBX.

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
Thank you for your reply, Dans. I think I need to explain further how it is setup.
All of the IP ext. are 6000 series numbers. In the PBX flexible route programming, the 6000 is set to go out the T-1 route to the Cisco call manager. The mailboxes in the Active voice are set to not take messages and to do a transfer/release to the 6XXX extension. therefore there is no call forwarding involved in the NEC PBX. The Active voice AA answers the call, sees the 6XXX digits, checks the mailbox for transfer, does a hookflash, dials the number and releases. The phone rings once and the call goes back to the same AA port that transferred it. Since the PBX has recall from transfer disabled in system programming, I can't figure out how the AA is getting the call back and why it does it all the time on some IP extensions and intermittently on others.
The IP phone we use are Cisco 7941 sets.
Also, if a normal PBX line is transferred to, the call never comes back to the AA. The caller either gets the busy tone or hears ringing or the call is answered.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I think the difference is that when you transfer a call to an IP phone, it's transferring over a trunk and not directly to a station. If you transfer to an NEC phone, it's a station transfer.
I'm not an NEC pro but I have done something similar to this on a Toshiba and it's all in the timing. Maybe if you try putting a pause or two before the release. eg. &,6000,Q where & is hookflash, comma is pause, and Q is release.

OP Offline
Thanks for your input, Phonemeister. I have tried adding a pause after the extension and before the release, but the problem was still there, although it did seem to help with the frequency. I've added another pause following the release and that seems to have cleared the problem. I've been making numerous test calls to my IP phones and I have been talking to a few of those users and the problem appears to be gone. I will keep testing through tomorrow to really see if its fixed.

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,565 Shoretel
189,438 CTX100 install
187,601 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (hbiss), 114 guests, and 226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024