web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#2966 08/30/04 05:50 AM
How do the customers react to the ESI name. Is there any name recognition at all. I have looked at the product and it seems to have a lot of features for the smaller customer. The prices are nice as well. I would like to hear some more about it.

Call us for Iwatsu in Chicago www.wiilcom.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#2967 09/22/04 02:15 AM
ESI, we are a reseller. All you have to do is demo it and people are usually sold. My only gripe is that the phones IMHO are ugly. I have tons of these system out there and have not had a single complaint.

Note: I would never go over into a PRI or T1 with these systems (ARS stinks). Even the larger systems are cumbersome to program and for all the cool stuff this little system can do it is NOT a pbx nor large ACD platform.

#2968 10/27/04 08:26 AM
As a user (I came here looking for a manual), my ESI system has no problems and we have no complaints. We are a dispatch center (24x7) for 2 companies. Easy setup and monitoring of ACD functions is a plus. But ACD reporting is unaviable while the SMDR output is turned on (all out of the com port). ACD reports are generated using a station. We use all that output in concert with our applications to better our vehicle routing capabilities so the lack of multiple output streams is a little bit of a pain. Anyone who wants to know more can contact me directly.

#2969 10/27/04 09:36 AM
We are also an ESI dealer (8+ years) and I love these little systems. They are not for everybody but they don't get much easier than this. In fact I think the esi-access software slows you up! LOL. They used to make a nice inexpesive 16 port vmail with built in MOH that was rock solid. The only thing is I think the phones are a tad ugly and the speakerphones aren't all that great. The new smaller systems have actually made them competetive in the market they are competeting in. I would say anything with a PRI or DID I wouldn't suggest this system. It has it's place and it is very good in that range.

#2970 10/28/04 01:07 PM
QOS Offline
I suspect that the transferred call trouble spoken of earlier is a "white noise" problem and can be detected easily on site with an outgoing call. If you have any amplified headsets it's really irritating. This is a problem that has just recently appeared and I hope it is soon cleared by ESI. They really do build some decent systems.

#2971 01/19/05 05:28 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phonegurl:
Bill did you ever come across a problem with the ESI S-Class such as this:
an incoming call goes to the receptionist then she transfers the call out to a cell and the original caller says they cannot "Hear".
</font>

You may be able to change the "Trunk-to-Trunk CO Gain" in field 4 of Function 166. If you can't access this function, it may be an engineering function that ESI tech support could change for you. The range is 1-12 with a default of 10. 10 = 0dB; going up or down from there is in 3db increments.

I don't think they added installer control of this function until the second generation. I know it's definitely a function of the GII E-Class.

------------------
Stephen Joyce, Terminal Solutions, Inc.
www.tsinc.com sjoyce@tsinc.com

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,312
Posts638,910
Members49,772
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,055 Shoretel
190,271 CTX100 install
188,535 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
jsaad 6
teleco 6
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 113 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024